Thursday, October 1, 2009

Into the wild

"When you want more than you have, you think you need and when you think more than you want, your thoughts begin to bleed..."
This is a part of text from Eddi Vedder’s songs “Society” which is soundtrack to Sean Pean’s film “Into the wild”.



I have heard this song very often for 3 months and some day by chance I read on the Internet a lot of positive comments about songs and especially about the film so I decided to watch the film and I have to tell you that it really makes an impression on me. I haven't watched so good film for long!
The Film is based on a true story and the bestselling book by Jon Krakauer. After graduating from Emory University in 1992, top student and athlete Christopher McCandless (Hirsch) abandoned his possessions, gave his entire $24,000 savings account to charity, destroyed his documents and ID-card, burned money, changed his name to Aleksander Supertramp and hitchhiked to Alaska to live in the wilderness. Along the way, Christopher encountered a series of characters that shape his life and showed the world what his life meant for him and the message is wonderfull: “Sometimes I want to find myself out of the crazy world”...”It's amazing How you can learn when you're alone”... besides it shows us that even in this world, there is still something like ultimate freedom.
I think most people keep forgetting that, due to the modern world where ultimate freedom is almost unthinkable. He made us realise that it's still able just to go out, leave everything behind for a while, forget about money, phones, computers, cubicle, material things and try to find oneself , happiness and “also know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong but to feel strong”.
I suppose that Jon Krakauer's book is so good as the film because describes other details more exactly, the relationship with their parents, with his sister, all the friends that he made, at the end their parents show up in the place and inside the bus number 142 where Chris Supertramp lived his last days in Alaska alone, so I have to read it :)
I recommend you to see this film, listen to this music it is unusual

No comments:

Post a Comment